William R. Harvey Leadership Institute - Becoming a WHRLI Fellow
- ONLY entering freshmen with the ability and motivation to lead and who have demonstrated leadership abilities in school, church, community, and/or social organizations are invited to apply for admission to the William R. Harvey Leadership Institute.
- Entering freshmen with a minimum high school G.P.A. of 3.0, or equivalent
- Admission is through a competitive process which includes evidence of leadership and an on-site interview during New Student Orientation Week.
How to Apply
The items required to apply to the Leadership Institute include:
- A completed application; (download file, fill out and mail)
- Three (3) Personal statements (250-500 word count)
- Explain "leadership" and "service"
from your personal point of view
(Both brevity and clarity are important)
- Describe how you have demonstrated the ability to lead
- Explain why you want to participate in this program and earn a Minor in Leadership Studies
Each personal statement must be typed and doubled spaced.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation,
- Letters of recommendation should include one from your school and one from a community service organization.
- Recommendations MUST be on letterhead stationary and signed. It needs to be submitted in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature across the seal
- Standardized Test Scores - Only SAT scores from March 2016 and beyond (copies will be accepted)
- A sealed official transcript.
- All applications need to be postmarked by 1 July